Sunday, December 23, 2007

Blessed Christmas to all!!

To all that visit my blog, have a merry, happy and blessed Christmas!!
Let us remember the reason for all the celebrations. The comic strip says a lot. I don't have to say much. Its true, isn't it? Not only for non-Christians but also Christians. Who wants the old rugged cross when there are other more flashier stuff? Even Christians exalt Santa Clause above Jesus Christ. How can this be? Just open your eyes and ears and observe properly. Where is the focus on? The presents? The Christmas tree? The flashy clothes? Christians would probably say Jesus Christ but often times their actions betray their speech. I am not saying all Christians are like that. Just some...

Sometimes I think that in addition to the celebrations also should be a time for mourning...asking God to forgive our grave sins for getting our priorities wrong and focusing on the other things besides Him. We even may not realise that we got our priorities wrong. We need to ask for God's mercy to reveal it to us through the Holy Spirit.

Just some of my thoughts about Christmas. Honestly, sometimes I feel indignant to all this and kinda sad also. Maybe its just me.

But lets celebrate Christmas with joy. Lets worship God in spirit and in truth, that is, knowing the truth about Christmas and the reason why Jesus left His glory and splendour to become a mere human being...knowing that God is with us and knows what we are going through because he became like us and experianced everything a human being would go through.

Hebrews 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Hallelujah! Gloria Excelsis! Soli Deo Gloria!

1 Comments:

Blogger -Δορκας- said...

hey!! nice comic strip. says it all. and a timely reminder for us all too!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger