Monday, February 25, 2008

RM 4.00

Hey all! Just wanna share something that happened recently. May seem a bit insignificant but very significant for me as God continue to confirm to me his faitfulness.

This happened on a Sunday after church. As my mum attend different churches, I dropped her off before driving to my church (will take quite awhile to explain it here but can ask me personally if you want to know why its like this :P ). As my mum had some event going on in her church, she asked me to go and get my own lunch. When I went for my lunch, I had only RM 4 in my wallet. Earlier in the morning, I thought of taking some extra money with me but I didn’t.

So I thought I’ll drop by the bank on the way but the traffic was heavy at that time (after church mah…) so couldn’t go to the bank. I headed to the usual coffee shop for my lunch. I planned to eat a large bowl of noodles which will cost me exactly RM4. For those who know me, that’s not really enough actually. I sometimes buy some ‘yong tau foo’ or some side dishes to complement but this time I don’t have the money. So, I decided to forego it this time.

I placed my order and sat down at a table and waited for my food. Then, some aunties from my church happened to go there as well (not really aunties la…late middle age I think .:P if they know I call them auntie here they will strangle me :P). They were surprised to see me there and asked me to join them at their table. To cut the story short, they paid for my large bowl of noodles. On top of that, they ordered ‘yong tau foo’ and ‘rojak’ and asked me to eat also. So, I ate a bit. :P

I entered the coffee shop with RM 4, ate a satisfying lunch, and left with RM 4. Not logical? It happened anyway. Earlier while I was driving to the shop, I had a thought along this line, “Oh well. Not enough money for extras. Guess have to make do with minimum this time. Sigh…feel like eating ‘yong tau foo’..oh well..maybe next time” Then some small sub-thought came to me, “The Lord will provide”. I was like, “Yeah…maybe later will have a heavier dinner or something to make up”. What happened after that, to me, was not coincidence. Not only I got some extra food but I got exactly the extras I was craving that time: ‘yong tau foo’.

I have money at home and I have some loose coins in a pouch in my bag. Could I afford it? Definitely, if I had brought more money with me. Maybe God was trying to affirm to me his faithfulness and providence. I sometimes doubt God’s providence in my life and sometimes question, “God, will you really provide for me? I know you rained manna down from heaven and caused water to flow from a rock. How will you do it this time? I don’t know how but You are God. Your thoughts and Your ways are not mine. I just trust in your Word and have faith You will provide.” What happened that Sunday was, to me, a confirmation sign. If God noticed my small and unimportant request like what happened above, surely He will provide for something larger and important. I just have to wait for His timing and how he will provide. (Can ask me personally on this also…too much to write for now…:P)

Soli Deo Gloria!
Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison, Kyrie eleison

PS: God knows I like to eat because most of the time he speaks to me through food related incidents. :P

3 Comments:

Blogger esthery said...

i jus came by randomly and this post is great =) thanx for reminding me god provides no matter how big or how small! i miss yong tao foo!

9:45 PM  
Blogger andrew wong said...

hey ian... guess u dont rmb me...

how i wish my father reads ur post. he scolded me for considering a-lvl in mckl. he wants me to go f6. he said even if i get full scholarship, he cannot afford the misc fees... hmmm

2:59 AM  
Blogger gLeNn said...

"God knows I like to eat because most of the time he speaks to me through food related incidents."
Interesting.... care to elaborate? hehe

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger