Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Imagine--A Poem

I have seen a world
Where no mortal feet have trod
Nor material eyes have gazed
Nor hands of flesh have touched

Yet it is still a place
Where my wishes are realized
What is not shall be
What is shall not be

Behold the brave warrior
Strong in physique, brave at heart
Unmatchless zeal for my king
Whose commands are my will

Look! A fleet-footed archer!
Matchless in skill
By hand or by foot
Piercing foes with frightening fear

Look upon the proud general
In full regalia and valor
Walking tall and straight
Commanding battalions under him

Or consider the wise sage
Scholar of the ages,
Full of wisdom and knowledge
Guiding all those who seek it

I can be an honorable lord
Among all the house of lords
Respected by all, looked up by many
Who seek justice against injustice



Or consider the humble merchant
Uncorrupt in all his dealings
Friendly and trustworthy
And still possessing everything

Look upon the lover,
Calling out to his beloved,
“Fairest beloved, Lily of the Valley,
Wilt you accept mine hand?”

Honor to the high prince’s guardian
Highest among highest, greatest among greatest
Closest confidante, trustworthy friend
Bodyguard yet also a brother

This is a world
The concoction of my dreams
Soon I must return to Reality
For there is where I truly am

Do dreams leak into Reality?
Where is the seam which doth separate both?
Will the endless laboring of strongest hands
Work to tear that seam?

uNkNowN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger