Saturday, May 23, 2009

21

Lolz. I have arrived at THE age…21. (well...in about 2 hours time) :P The age where I am supposed to be a full-fledged adult and no more a teenager. Okla…young adult la. :P Though this is a time to celebrate, I also decided to think a bit-think about the past 21 years.

As I look back, that God indeed has sustained me for 21 years. Many events have taken place throughout my life and God indeed has seen me through. So..yeah…here I am. :P I have been shifting house since God alone knows when…and I am still shifting around. Man…like a nomad. :P I sometimes just pray and hope for the day where I can finally settle down in one fix spot of a house and not move anymore. But of course, if God so wills I move for the sake for His message…well…master says servant does. I am sure he will provide.

As I look back also, I also consider my relationship with people. Because of moving around, my friendships tend not to last long-it grows cold after awhile. So, I really appreciate those friendships that I have. Yeah. Sometimes it seems like my actions or words don’t ring of appreciation. That I have myself to blame. I don’t know how or when emo-ness got to me and weird, dark thoughts come to me. During these times, I have not behaved well or even said things or did things that hurt those around me. So, for those whom have been on the receiving end, I apologize. Just to let you know that I indeed value all of you who I call my friend and you who call me your friend.

What else…yeah…still single. :P Got turned down twice and turned away one. Maybe it was for the better. You know who you are. ;) But still friends, of course. :P Haih…

Another thing I realize is that I have not mastered any tools of any trade. Really…I don’t have skill in any practical stuff, be it in music or in other areas. I guess it is my bad again. I have not taken effort to master anything. Well…they say you are never too late to learn, right? Well…now thinking of being able to do something well. Something practical for life or can use in the world. What do I like? Hmm…computer games? :P Well…it is practical probably to impress people and to relieve stress. However, I do play computer games but I admit I am not good at that either. Even though I play and ‘practice’, I can never seem to master any game nicely. I come to accept this and just play for the fun of the game. It is less stressful this way. :P Hmm…I do have some interest in photography. I do take snapshots with my digital camera. Not exactly sharp and clear but I guess just to store some memorable scenes. The more pro cameras are too expensive, even the cheapest and most budget of the lot. May get one next time when working but until then, no no. :P Well…any other suggestions? :P

Hmm…my spiritual walk with God. Hmm…I have indeed have my up and down times. Sometimes I feel close to Him, sometimes like he is not around. Sometimes I am willing to trust him all the way, sometimes I doubt his character. I won’t say it was smooth sailing, even all those 21 years. Born into a Christian family, I went to Sunday school and knew all about Moses, Noah, Jesus, etc. But God was not really center of my life. I did not read the Bible for myself. I did what I wanted to do. The turning point in my life you can call it cliché. It was at a youth camp where I committed my life to Christ. After that day, I had a great desire to read the Bible. I dug out my bible from the store room (yes, it was not even on the bookshelf) and started reading. Reading and reading. Chapter after chapter, book after book. Re-reading it over and over again. Read Revelation about 5 times through. It is a fascinating book even though the symbols remain a mystery to me till today. :P Somehow, verses tend to stick it my mind even though I do not make much of a conscious effort to memorize. But no doubt I still made effort to memorize verses. Oh…and I started to like sermons also. Can learn so much about God’s word through those speakers up there. And God became the center of my life. In a sense that I became more conscious of His presence with me and trying to do the things that I know pleases Him (from the Bible). So…yeah…and continue until now I guess. You can say this is my personal testimony.

O well. Quite a long post. Guess I’ll end here. Can say this is probably my first real personal post in this blog. So…yeah. :P

Soli Deo Gloria! (All glory to God alone)

Ad majorem Dei gloriem. (For the greater glory of God)

Dominus Illuminatio Mea. (The Lord is my light)

7 Comments:

Blogger Walking Disaster said...

"What else…yeah…still single. :P Got turned down twice and turned away one. Maybe it was for the better. You know who you are. ;) But still friends, of course. :P Haih…"

Come take lessons from me! You'll have girls flocking you till you're sick of them! Haha

9:14 AM  
Blogger -Δορκας- said...

Blessed Birthday! It's not late... according to American time. May the Lord Almighty draw you closer to Himself, and make you more like Him.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

You don't have to master anything else. Straight A's for SPM and a perfect score for your most recent test speak themselves.

Heheh. Ian finally has something to say about his own life. lolz

1:59 AM  
Blogger child_of_God said...

to walking disaster:
lol...you love adviser is it? lol. how much per lesson? wakakaa.

to -Δορκας-
heys...thanks yeah. ;) may you draw closer to Him too. :)

to Nick:
'Ian finally has something to say about his own life. lolz'
lol...make it sound as if i had a very sad life before this. :P haha.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my Gosh!Ian is not a robot!He has a life!haha

4:04 AM  
Blogger child_of_God said...

=.=|||

7:19 AM  
Blogger Maiorem said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger