Thursday, February 11, 2010

Physics Prof Quote

Recently, my physics prof said something quite funny if one understands it:

"Theoretical physicist are physicists who don't know how to do experiments. Mathematical physicist are physicists who don't know how to do physics."

Note 1: Theoretical physicist are, as the name says, are only concerned with the theory part of physics. They don't carry out experiments to validate their theories but just prove them mathematically.

Note 2: Mathematical physicists are those who just crunch away at numbers using data and set formulas, so much so that they miss out the beauty of physics or miss out what the formulas tell them about the physical world. This is what I gather, at least. I myself am a Mathematical Physics major. XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger