Friday, February 23, 2007

About Bible Study 3

I am not against bible study. We who claim to be God’s children need to know more about God and what His will is for us. In Hebrews 4:12, it says that the word of God is like a ‘double-edged sword’. In Ephesians 6: 17, the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, is mentioned along with the armour of God and it’s the only offensive part of the armour. With the word of God, we can counter Satan’s lies and overcome temptation but we have to sharpen our sword daily as well as train ourselves to use it. When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness, he defeated Satan every time with Scripture. Therefore, we still have to read, study and meditate on God’s word daily. It says in Psalm 144:1 “Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.”

I am not guiltless in this area of putting God’s Word into practice. I have indeed failed miserably many times. Instead, I go against it-sometimes realizing it later. I feel guilty because I failed to reflect Christ to the world. In other words, I failed as Christ’s ambassador but God is a gracious, merciful and loving God. If I fail, I can confess my failure and he will forgive me and give me another chance. He knows we are not perfect people but he urges us to give our best shot for Him.

In a world that is growing from bad to worse, all the more important is the testimony of our lives. People want to see action not mere talk. The time we spend in the excess bible studies can be used instead to go out and live out the life God wants us to live. The writer of Ecclesiastes says in 12:12-14,

“Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.

For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger