Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ammendment to article 'Buildings Galore...'

I recently just finished watching the movie 'V for Vandetta'. Yeah yeah....its been out like so long ago and i just finished watching it...yup yup...a bit back on movies..hehe. anyway, one of the characters in the movie, Evey Hammond (dunno who is the actress....:P) said something very interesting which i think would suit my blog on 'Buildings Galore....'. She said something to this effect, "What the people need is not a building but hope". We, as ambassadors of Christ, are to bring hope to the world-something the world needs. The world doesn't need more buildings. It has many of those already. If buildings were our greatest need, God will send us an architect. But our greatest need was hope and He send a Savior ( I think i heard these words somewhere...). Again, I stress that church buildings are not bad but it shouldn't be our primary focus. Our primary focus should be on God Himself. When we focus on Him, all our priorities will fall in the correct order.


Solis Deo Gloria!

Ian

PS: Feel free to comment yah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger