Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Apostles Creed-Tradtional Version- UMH 881


I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.

And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of the Father Almighty.
from thence he shall come again to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic** Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

*or "He descended to hell."

hehe...i like this creed...i not sure why but maybe because it describes the basis for the Christian faith....the points in the creed can be found within Scripture....i find it very interesting and meaningful.....enjoy!

Solis Deo Gloria!!

God bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger