Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Bad Days....

Yes, it has been awhile since I blogged. Things have been busy and finals is just around the corner. I just want to take a break from studying awhile and update this blog. XD

*******
I have been thinking quite a bit about the title. Why are there days when everything seems to go smoothly and some days where everything just crashes? I have experienced quite a bit of this and it caused me to step back and ask is there an explanation for this?

I concluded there are two parts: the explainable and unexplainable. (In statistics terms, the systematic part and random part). The explainable part can be attributed to the consequences of one's actions in the present or in the past. Here are some examples to illustrate:
- It has been a bad day...so stress...have to rush for assignments/projects. (Well...if one started the assignments/projects earlier and kept at it, this would not happen)
- yay! i did well in the test. Hard work paid off i guess. (self explanatory...hard/smart work resulted in results)
-sigh..today so bad la...found out not enough money..pokai liao. (If you had controlled your expenditure, this would not happen)

However, there are some situations which can't be explained, where even the simplest things go wrong or every simple thing happens correctly. If I were to list down the possible situations, it would take quite a bit of space. But I know as well as I do what I mean. These situations, no matter how far you trace back, are not related to anything you did or did not do.

I have days where everything goes well and some days where everything just crashes around me. I asked a couple of people for a biblical stand or explanation about this issue. The summary is that as Christians, we ought to see these things as troubles/trials. If you go through a trouble and it is related to your actions, it is a consequence of those actions and probably God is disciplining you. If it is unexplained, it is a trouble that God allows to build us up in terms of character.

Jesus said in John that in this world we will have many trouble but we are to take heart because Jesus has overcome the world. James also elaborated in the first chapter about how to view trials and temptations, i.e., to view it with joy.

So....yeah...just something i think about. Feel free to comment, as always. Still thinking about this issue. hehe

Ian

4 Comments:

Blogger Trinkles said...

hmm... so if you are going to troubles God is discipling you then what happens when you are going through a good patch... God is celebrating you? i would rather say that God is continually involved in your life through the Word and the Holy Spirit. And in his involvement, he nurtures and teaches us on the way to live our lives that are strewn with challenges, obstacles and struggles. That is humanity - life in the midst of the consequence of fallenness. That for me is the reality of life. We have embrace the good and the bad. So now i come back to your original question... why are some days bad and some days good? Well that is life. It simply just is.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jackie J. said...

I really enjoyed your blog. Keep it up- you never know who this wil touch.

9:52 PM  
Blogger child_of_God said...

to Trinkles:
oh ya! I forgot to include that in. I'll respond in another blog post. hehe. =)

2:31 PM  
Blogger child_of_God said...

to Jackie J.
glad you like it. and thanks! =)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger