Friday, December 24, 2010

It has been awhile....

Yeah. It has been a looongg while since I touched my blog. A combination of factors contributed to this negligence, including studies, laziness and clueless on what to blog about. But since it is Christmas, I should definitely write something.

This Christmas marks my second Christmas away from Malaysia and one year four months away from home. Even as I write this, my heart is heavy. Many things happened, some just this week and some over the course of the past couple of months. To bluntly state my feelings now, I feel confused and sad. Though I am not at liberty to go into detail on this public domain, it is quite a depressing time for me. I hope I can recover before the term re-opens. Feeling lost, confused and losing the will to continue is not something I should bring to the new year.

Anyway, I am surprised at how fast time has past. It is one year and four months already. I have only 2 years and 8 months to go before I return to Malaysia. I hope time continues to fly this fast.

While in Canada, I continue to learn many things, about myself and about life. I am challenged at all levels, physical and spiritual. As time passes, these challenges become stronger and harder. As a result, I run to God more often to depend on Him. I heard the pastor at my church said once that God wants us to depend on Him. I can therefore infer that God wants me to depend on him more and purposefully put all these challenges in my path to teach me this truth.

My thoughts about Christmas. Hmm. Everyone is busy as usual. From Facebook, I see carolling, parties, and the like. I used to take part in those. Playing guitar for carolling (not good at it but wayyy better than my singing. I can't sing to save my life), going for dinner with family and friends, helping out in Christmas cantata with the sound system, etc. But since I came to Canada, I do not take part in all this. I just usually have dinner with my friends, attend a Christmas Eve service at my church and thats it. It is a change from all the hustle and bustle. A part of me misses those things.

But enough of this relatively depressing post. Don't want to ruin the Christmas cheer. lol.
Before this post gets too long with my griping, I wish everyone a Blessed Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger