Sunday, July 25, 2010

Prosperity Gospel - another observation

I went and 'googled' prosperity gospel and one of the results was an atheist website. I was a bit curious on what atheist had to say about this 'gospel' (I don't think this teaching even deserves the word 'gospel' in it). And one of the comments caught my attention:

The prosperity gospel is the most obvious way for Christians to totally abandon any sympathy for the poor or oppressed. This is the religion of Republican capitalism. The poor deserve to be poor. The rich deserve to be rich. The rich are more righteous than anyone else. It's all part of God's plan.

Any philosophy that is as self serving as this one sickens me, and this is one of the worst.


This is just sad. Very sad. What are we Christians portraying ourselves as? And we wonder why it is so hard to evangelize. For those who preach/teach this prosperity nonsense, woe unto you. Deepest judgement and wrath of God is reserved for you. You have led people astray, teaching false doctrines to enrich your selfish, carnal desires. The Scriptures say that such people will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Materialism has seeped into the churches. Churches want bigger buildings, the latest technology, etc. Some churches preach against materialism but do the aforementioned. On a more smaller scale, some Christians shake their head at prosperity teaching but their lives tell a different story.

The hypocrisy is clear. "Woe unto you Pharisees and scribes, you hypocrites!"

PS: I used strong language in this post. I am just very pissed off by these people (prosperity people) and how they are giving the true Gospel a bad name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

I am created unique by God. I am God's child. God is my Father. A sinner but saved by the grace and mercy of God through the faith that he has given me.

Powered by Blogger